Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite On-Line Fabric & Quilting Stores? >

Favorite On-Line Fabric & Quilting Stores?

Favorite On-Line Fabric & Quilting Stores?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:56 PM

Default Favorite On-Line Fabric & Quilting Stores?

I'm fairly new to this board (and new to sewing/quilting) and have found some wonderful online stores for both fabric and quilting notions/tools (yep - I've caught the bug - like to collect quilting fabric, notions and books - of course on sale!). Every once in while I read about yet another great store - which makes me wonder what else there may be out there!

What is YOUR favorite place to shop online (preferably that has good quality as well as good/low prices, sales, or coupons from time to time)?

There are a couple of local quilt shops nearby but unfortunately they are not open in the evenings when I'm able to get out of the house to shop! So that leaves Joann's, Hobby Lobby & Walmart. Great low prices (and sales/coupons at Jo's & HL), but not always the best quality.

Here are a few of my favorite online shops where I've consistently found good prices, frequent sales, good quality merchandise and great customer service:

FabricDepot.com (my absolute favorite)
Connectingthreads.com
Hancocks-Paducah.com
NancysNotions.com
MissouriQuiltCo.com

Any others??
Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 PM

oldcountrystore.com - in Intercourse PA - love going there also
Old 05-22-2013, 01:10 PM

Sent you a pm...
Old 05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

I have only bought from Connecting Threads, another store in Montana, can't remember the name and Joanns. All have great fabrics.Others will be along to give their opinions.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:54 PM

I just ordered from Beverlys.com and got great fabric and very fast delivery!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM

www.thousandsofbolts.com; good prices, quality fabrics, lots of fabrics. You can sort by color or theme, you can audition your choices with each other, you can even try them out in a sample block, I think.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:15 PM

One of my favorites is EQuilter.com.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM

Batiks Plus and Keepsake Quilting are two of my favs. BTW, welcome!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

fabric.com has been my go-to shop for years- good prices, great selection- and free shipping at the $35 level (I can always find $35 worth to spend) I've actually been shopping with them for something like 15 years. also, Keepsake quilting, Jenny Beyer, PineNeedles, Bear Paw quilting...there are so many! If you join the 'fabshophop' you will have access to literally hundreds of shops to browse/check out- the shop hop happens *I think* 10 times a year- you have a month to locate a 'shop hop bunny' at each of the participating shops- and register for prizes---it is free---many of the shops offer additional free drawings if you sign up for their monthly newsletter...over the years I've won many great prizes- fabric collections, gift certificates, new rulers, books...you can also add shops to a 'favorites' list- if it is a shop you fall in love with & want to go back & visit for specific items.. the May hop has 140 shops...the number does vary from about 130 up to 180 shops participating in each hop...they also have bonus bunnies- free patterns---check it out....just type in Fabshophop---sign up & start hopping.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Another vote for Fabric.com from me. They're everything ckcowl says, and when they (rarely) mess up an order they go out of their way to make it right. AND they keep detailed order history so you can look back and find the exact name of something you bought in the past, which is awesome. AND you can register as a "partner" or something like that and get shopping points...I think that's a new thing they're doing (at least, I only recently noticed it) and I was able to redeem $25.00 against my order. Hard to beat that!

And another vote for Beverlys.com too (they're a local store for me, but sometimes their online sales are better than in-store.)