Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite ruler/ tool for strip cutting >

Favorite ruler/ tool for strip cutting

Favorite ruler/ tool for strip cutting

Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

Last year I mentioned to my DH that I had seen a Fiskars ruler and rotary cutter used on an online fabric shop. Since I have periodic bouts of my carpal tunnel come back to haunt me, the thing that appealed to me was just having to push down and not hold the rotary cutter. To my surprise he ordered it for me, and I was thrilled, as it truly is easier to use than a ruler and separate rotary cutter; although I do use those as well, but it really saves my wrists when I have a lot of strip cutting to do.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
I bought the Stripology ruler by Creative Grids and really like it. It doesn't't slip. If you Google Stripology ruler you should find videos showing it's versatility.
I agree. I have the June Tailor one as well, but I am finding that my Stripology ruler is more useful. If you shop carefully, you can find it for a good price.

I like using it when I have only a small number of strips to cut. Otherwise, I use my Studio cutter.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
I bought the Stripology ruler by Creative Grids and really like it. It doesn't't slip. If you Google Stripology ruler you should find videos showing it's versatility.
I agree...it's $$ but I find I'm more accurate with it than the June Taylor ruler I think because it doesn't slip.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 PM

I love the Fiskars Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo. It comes in several sizes. I have the 6" x 24" and use it more than I do my GO for cutting strips and other edges with a straight line.