Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Feed dogs on sewing machine

Feed dogs on sewing machine

I have a babylock esante sewing machine. I have been wanting to try FMQ and cannot seeem to find where to drop the feed dogs. I was at a quilt retreat and even had the lady from a quilt shop look and she could not figure it out after she checked my machine and we went through the manual. Any suggestions, I would really like to try FMQ.

Leah Day recommends not dropping them but dis-engaging them by setting the stitch length to 0. She says when the dogs are dropped it throws the tension off. When set at 0 the dogs are up but do not move.

Blog Entries
    The switch appears to be in the back...see pg 10 of the manual.

http://www.babylock.com/ftp/whitepap...ructionRef.pdf

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ
    I have the Babylock Decorators Choice and the switch is on the back. I found I have to put the needle down a bit to get the switch to move when putting the feed dogs down but not when I put them up. Hope this helps.

I put my stitch length at 0, as suggested above. I used to drop my feed dogs, but always had problems with tension when I went back to regular sewing. Have not had a tension problem since I started setting the stitch length to 0.
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva