Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feedback on Craftsy classes >

Feedback on Craftsy classes

Feedback on Craftsy classes

Old 11-29-2014, 05:54 PM

Default Feedback on Craftsy classes

Craftsy is having their big sale ($20 a class) and I'm thinking of buying a few classes. I've narrowed it down to six and don't want to buy all of them. It's clear Craftsy cherry picks the reviews they put up on their website. Have you taken any of these? Would you give me feedback/review on them? Any feedback is good, but I'd love detailed feedback. Feel free to comment or ask for feedback on other Craftsy classes too. To make it easier for people to sort through replies put Review: Class name Or Need Review: class name in the title of the post. I have looked at previous posts about Craftsy classes and thought it was time for an update but if anyone wants to put a link to the other posts that would be great.

Thank you!

Here are the classes I'm interested in.
Machine Quilting: small changes, big variety Angela Walters
Improvisational Piecing, Modern Design Jacquie Gering
Introduction to Bargello Karen Gibbs
Inset & Applique circles by Machine Cheryl Arkison
Designing Modern Quilts Weeks Ringle
Not quilting but I'm interested in this: Design your own handbag Brett Bara
Old 11-29-2014, 06:11 PM

I have all of the Angela Walters classes and I love them. She is an excellent teacher! She explains things very clearly and her fun personality shows through during the class.

I also like the Weeks Ringle class so far. I just recently had time to start it.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:36 PM

Ditto on the Angela Walter's classes - I have learned so much from her and I feel confident when FMQ with my longarm - also I took the Tinker Tote class with Tara Rebman - that was a fun class - she taught a quilt as you go technique to make a large tote bag - great detailed instructions along the way.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:47 PM

If you are interested in FMQ I would recommend the Angela Walters class you mention or the Christina Carmeli course the secrets of free motion quilting. Both are excellent. The Weeks Ringle class is very good but rather theoretical. The improvisational piecing class is also pretty good.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:03 PM

I got a refund on Weeks Ringle: not what I thought it would be.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:19 PM

Craftsy I have found to be well worth the money . I have only returned 1 class. I love ann petersen, patsy thompson is awesome, and I adore amanda murphy. haven't taken your classes that you are interested in but have taken a ton of the others and these 3 remain my favorites out of everybody. I also like kimberly einmo and mimi
Old 11-30-2014, 02:47 AM

Thanks I have two of the Angela Walters classes and was very happy with them so with the feedback above I'll get that one. LafPeaches Why was the Weeks Ringle class not what you thought it was? What were you expecting and what did it end up being. Thanks
Old 11-30-2014, 03:00 AM

Design your own handbag Brett Bara: I found a great review on this class: http://esheepdesigns.blogspot.com/20...-your-own.html Even mentioned using quilting fabric
Old 11-30-2014, 03:18 AM

Designing Modern Quilts Weeks Ringle I found a good review on this class http://quiltingfortherestofus.com/bl...ngle/10/6/2014

I'm awake at 3 in the morning. I guess there are worse things to do than think about which Craftsy classes to buy.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:24 AM

Improvisational Piecing, Modern Design Jacquie Gering Two reviews about this class, neither one in as much depth as I like: ihttp://swimbikequilt.com/2014/11/improvisational-piecing-craftsy-class-review-craftsy-black-friday-sale.html
http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.com/...l-piecing.html