Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fighting with the Bow Tie

Emmy, They are called Spring Clamp. Mine have a 2 in bite. The number on them is 573-682. Bar code is 8 20909 80002 6. They have colored plastic caps on clamp end & grip end. They are kinda tight but work so well. They have some with smaller bite but you don't want that because it will be too hard to clamp to table. I think they have a 3 in bite one too. Somebody posted about this last year or two so I went & found some. Lowe's didn't have any. Label says distributed by Home Depot. Hope it works for you. I would post a picture but not sure if I can do so on this topic page. Anybody know?

P.S. I have used spray & I like it very much but I still pin on really big stuff. Also spray will give you a high or headache if it's not well ventilated

I love spray basting and have not had any problems. I have done like everyone ele here does tape the top or back down good.

I love 505 basting spray -- Don't know how I managed without it!! (On my smaller quilts that I'm going to hand quilt -- I use a hot iron with no steam and press the quilt sandwich. It REALLY sticks then.... :D )

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to work today (Monday), but tomorrow I'm free until 5:00. The plan is to dump the kids at school, zoom home, mop the heck out of the kitchen floor and get taping. If I can't manage it between 8 and 5, it is not meant to be! Wal-Mart didn't have any spray basting so I guess I'll have to stick to pins for now. I can't drive 60 miles to a fabric store just to get that, but I've added it to my "when I go to a real town" list.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. :)

I love spray basting. I have lots of problems when I don't use it. I have used lots of different brands. To me they work great. I still pin, but do not have to use as many pins and end up with a nice look when done.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vicki,
    Every time your avatar pops up, I just want to come sit on that porch. That looks like one of the best porches ever. Lisa

Blog Entries
    Thank you Debra for the info. DH goes to HD almost every week.
    Mary Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    P.S. I have used spray & I like it very much but I still pin on really big stuff. Also spray will give you a high or headache if it's not well ventilated
    well, blow me over - no wonder i feel so good when i spray baste a quilt!

Better be careful, could fry your brain. It gives me a headache but I'm allergic to lots of stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast