Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
figit quilt >

figit quilt

figit quilt

Old 05-02-2016, 07:51 AM

Default Fidget quilts

Originally Posted by Jakers1 View Post
The wife of a friend of mine has early onset Alzheimer's and is in a nursing home. I want to make a figit quilt for her, about lap size so she can use it as a nap quilt as well. I have ideas for what to put in it, but is there anything that you can suggest that should be included. I have buttons, ribbon, prairie points in satin, denim pocket, beads, lace, and some other things as well. Any other suggestions? In looking at Pintrest, I get the general idea, but maybe you can help with more definitive things. I am going to visit her and will also talk with the nurse for ideas. The quilt will be X's and O's, so there are lots of seams to use. Also, any ideas how and when to quilt it?
Our guild has made several fidget quilts...... The Alzheimers Association has requested that no items be put on a quilt that a client could possibily pull loose and or place in their mouths... Safety issue. Interesting to learn that color is the last sense to leave a person. These quilts are great for caregivers and clients to talk about.....
Old 05-02-2016, 07:52 AM

Hope this helps..... these quilts are also great for autistic children .....