Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Figured out thread feed problem >

Figured out thread feed problem

Figured out thread feed problem

Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 PM

Default Figured out thread feed problem

I have the 1500S. Thread was curling, some not feeding right - lived with it most of the year. This week the light dawned. It isn't the tension, bobbin or anything mechanical with the machine. It's the antenna!

There must be a burr or a catch on one side that hangs up the thread. I got fed up and used a separate cone holder and the machine fed thread like the thread was silk! Finer threads no longer curl.

I was having trouble with Prescencia thread - that was Prescencia's spool! Spool gets half empty, and there are spurs of some kind on both top and bottom just like the slits in the old spools where you put the thread ends. You need a spool cover for it to work. I took a file to the spool but couldn't remove enough of the burrs.

Now how do you do this on the 1500? I have spool covers, but the Prescencia spool is too long for the holder on the machine, and the spindle on the cone holder is too big for any cover I own. It's nice thread, and I'd like to use it, but I need a suggestion for a spool cover or cap for the cone holder. I can punch some cardboard and tape it, but there has to be a better way than that.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

You could always just use the thread in bobbins. I have the 1500s and only use one eye of the antenna thread guide and only one eye on the three hole bar. That stopped the needle from coming unthreaded when using the auto thread cutter.