Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale?? >

Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale??

Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale??

Old 09-05-2011, 07:23 AM

Have fun! Keep us updated on the progress....
Old 09-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Went there on Sunday and once again, managed to pay someone's weekly salary. Had quite a few 40% off coupons as well as the total order coupon. They love me ( they really love my dog) and are willing to ring up the orders separately, so I can use each coupon.
Bought quite a bit on the red tag clearance shelves, as well as some FQ at 50% off.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by geeblay627e120
I went yesterday for one yard of fabric. They didn't have it at the store close to me. I drove almost 20 miles. When I got there, I grabbed my number first thing. #80. They were on #60. And most everyone waiting had 4-5-6 bolts of fabric. Two carts had at least 10 or 12. I sure wish they had an express line. I was in the cutting line exactly one hour. Then had to move to the check out line. When it was my turn, I got called down to the clerk at the courtesy booth. I walked down there to check out at the same time a lady walked up to the other side to complain about something. So, of course, the clerk helped her first. I waited another 7-10 minutes before she rang me up. I've never been in a Joann's that I did not leave feeling frustrated. Is it always like that?
I went at 9:15 on Saturday and did not have to wait at all..that was a 1st for me..usually is a long wait..I will continue to go at opening time .. sort of a problem since I live about 40 minutes away....cuts into my coffee time!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:57 AM

I went, got 4 FQ's, a bundle, a 3 yd. cut-black in a bundle, a Marti Michell kaliedoscope ruler ( with my Hancocks coupon-half price), I am out of a job and had a gift certificate I had been saving since June and their registers wouldn"t process anybodies, I had to pay-wasn't planning on that, they told me I could come back tomorrow-its too far, I ask if they could just ship it to me, they couldn't, I thought I sure got done wrong. NOT HAPPY
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM

I got two queen sized packages of Nature's Touch cotton batting for 1/2 price and used my 40% off coupon for one of those mini-irons :) Oh, also got a fabric pen, but I don't think that was on sale. Didn't even really look at the fabric, the line was too long and we were on a short schedule. Besides, with the new store I found that has quilt fabric remnants, most of which are name-brand fabrics, I haven't been buying much fabric at JoAnne's anyhow. Besides, for now my stash is pretty good. I need to get busy sewing and stop buying :D
Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I got a bunch of flannel for backings, it was I think 2.99?! a yard.
I hope you were lucky enough to buy some of the older flannels that were decent quality because the new flannels they are getting in now will be see-thru after a few washings. I would also empty your dryer lint trap often because all the fillers they put in the cheaper flannel will glog up your dryer.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM

I went after work today and it wasn't very busy, I mean, people were in the isles but there was no line at the check out. But I got 18 fat quarters for $15 and I was quite happy.

As I was walking up to the check out I figured I should get my coupons out and realized I could only use 1 of the 4 I had with me. So I asked a lady and her friend looking at the yarn if they would like the newspaper add coupons as I couldn't use them. They took them and were so surprised that someone gave them coupons as they were always giving coupons to others they didn't need. I was proud to pass it on as I didn't need them

On a side question, does Joann's cut fat quarters at the store or something? I came home and measured all of them as some were complaining elsewhere that their fat quarters were short. Well, mine were 19 by 22 1/2 or somewhere near that on almost all of them. I mean I'm grateful for the extra inch but was just wondering if maybe it was that store
Old 09-05-2011, 06:33 PM

No fabric, but I bought a template and rotary cutter blades and was pleasantly surprised at the total. But more than that, this JoAnn's just opened 10 minutes closer to me than the other one. Close enough now for those quick trips. I'm happy!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Went to JoAnns in Salem, OR today and ended up buying only a Fons & Porter fussy-cut template pack (using a 40% off Hancock coupon), then used the JoAnn's 40% off coupon to buy a packaged polyester 1/8" low loft for table runners, etc. The 10% extra off coupon was a joke - it was only good for $.45 off a birthday card I bought. They said that if you used a coupon, the "10% off your entire purchase" coupon did not count for that. Do they operate like that in all the stores?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 PM

I didn't get to go to JoAnn because of Tropical Storm Lee. I will be going Wednesday though since some of the coupons are still good. I have many things to get - Duck cloth and insul-brite for my new ironing board (24x48), some little kids fabrics for charity quilts, fabrics to match some I already have and some flannel. Then if I have any money left, anything else I might find that I want. :)