Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Finding Other Quilters

is there a way to find a specific member in order to pm them without going through the entire list of members? since that's not alphabetical, it's a lifework.

any help out there?

Very good question -- I hope someone has a solution to this problem :!:

You can use the "Search" button. You may get other "junk", but it will give you links to topics or replies that they have written. If you go to one of those, then you can click on their name to the right - by their avatar if they have one - and that will take you to their profile. VOILA!! Now you can PM them! :D

You can click PM and then click on search for member...it will open and it says to put in maybe a part of their screen name and several similar will pop up...pick one and good luck

Banned
    Ruth is right. Click 'private messages', then click 'new topic', then in the first box click 'find user'. A new window will open and you can enter even just one letter from someone's user name, click 'search' and you will get a drop down list of all users with that letter or combination of letters in their name. Select the one you want and click 'chose the user' and it will pop it into your message box. Piece of cake.

to xyzquilts and ruth.....
    you are both right. both of these methods work. although i have no need for them now, i'm sure i will. so thank you both.

you may also click on the member's name above the Avitar..
    that takes you to their "page" and there is a private message icon to click on. Works like magic.

June

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    You can click PM and then click on search for member...it will open and it says to put in maybe a part of their screen name and several similar will pop up...pick one and good luck
    I didn't know you could do that.....thanks for the info.