Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: First OBW started

First OBW started

I just started my first One Block Wonder quilt. I have all the triangles cut out, which was actually kind of fun and easy after awhile. I've started sewing the blocks ..I love it! Some of them are so beautiful. Only have about 20 put tog so far. Worst part is pressing those small seems open..ugh . I hope to make some of those cube blocks too?
    No pix yet but will post progress.

Blog Entries
    Have fun I love seeing what each new block looks like
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

The best part of OBW is opening those completed blocks and seeing what came together in the print . Is very addicting. Have fun with your first one and do post photos of your progress.

Power Poster
    In case you didn't know, you put the 60* triangle one together in half hexagons so you can sew them together in rows. You can also add another solid coloured triangle to square off the triangles so you can sew them together in rows which make background stars. Good luck and I bet it will be the first of many.

This is actually the quilt I have had the most fun with. Seeing everything come together is magical. Enjoy the experience, it will probably be 1 of many