Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First quilt quilted!

Heart of Dixie, Sweet Home Alabama
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
    Yes, and gave it away, then was heart sick when I saw it was in the closet and not on the bed. However, happy ending because I asked her for it and she gave it to me! Asked that I make her another one that went with her decor better. Fat chance! LOL
    That is soooo funny! Understand the "fat chance" part!

Nebraska..The Good Life
    Blog Entries
    That hasn't happened to me yet. I always make my quilts with a specific person in mind for them. In fact I've given away every quilt I've ever made, I don't have a single one for myself yet. Usually, by the time I get one finished, I'm so tired of looking at it that I have no reservations about letting it go. I did have one "professionally" quilted and I was terribly terribly disappointed with the outcome. In fact I felt ripped off and the "quilter" was not friendly at all when I pointed out all of the places that should have been quilted, especially when she used the cotton batting I gave her and it stated that it needed to be quilted every 1"-2", not every one to two feet! I won't be doing that again. I bought myself an affordably priced long arm and do my own quilting now.
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

I recommend keeping your first quilt and making another to give to the friend.
    Rules of Life:1-Don't take anything personally 2-Integrity of words and deeds 3-Don't make assumptions 4-Do your best

Outside St. Louis
    I only quilt my own, that way I can say I made it all myself. I have given away most of the quilts I've made.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2