Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First quilt quilted!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
    Yes, and gave it away, then was heart sick when I saw it was in the closet and not on the bed. However, happy ending because I asked her for it and she gave it to me! Asked that I make her another one that went with her decor better. Fat chance! LOL
    That is soooo funny! Understand the "fat chance" part!

Blog Entries
    That hasn't happened to me yet. I always make my quilts with a specific person in mind for them. In fact I've given away every quilt I've ever made, I don't have a single one for myself yet. Usually, by the time I get one finished, I'm so tired of looking at it that I have no reservations about letting it go. I did have one "professionally" quilted and I was terribly terribly disappointed with the outcome. In fact I felt ripped off and the "quilter" was not friendly at all when I pointed out all of the places that should have been quilted, especially when she used the cotton batting I gave her and it stated that it needed to be quilted every 1"-2", not every one to two feet! I won't be doing that again. I bought myself an affordably priced long arm and do my own quilting now.
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

I recommend keeping your first quilt and making another to give to the friend.
    Rules of Life:1-Don't take anything personally 2-Integrity of words and deeds 3-Don't make assumptions 4-Do your best

I only quilt my own, that way I can say I made it all myself. I have given away most of the quilts I've made.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2