Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fiskars Fabric Strip Cutter

Has anyone purchased and used the Fiskars Fabric Strip Cutter? Is it worth the money?

Blog Entries
    Hi,

I haven't but have been looking at it. I have 2 old floor looms and want to start weaving some rag rugs and have been thinking of getting one.

I would like to hear from others if they like them?

Karen

Hi Karen, I saw it as Joanne and it is 50% off, regularly 54.99. It says that it cuts 4 layers at one time.

Blog Entries
    There was a long thread about this some time ago. The desirable cutter is the one that is 24" long; a lot of people like that one. It has been discontinued and I think the only place that still has it online is Nancy's Notions (for about $60). The one at JoAnn's is also made by Fiskars, but it is much smaller.

From what I remember from the other thread, the 24" inch one can be good for people who have difficulty cutting strips with a rotary cutter. The smaller one did not have a lot of fans. It was mentioned by some that you have to use quite a bit of pressure when using this kind of cutter; not everyone likes that. However, it is a very safe cutter to use. One poster said it allowed her children to cut strips safely. Most people who had the longer cutter really liked it.

I was worried about the length being so small. It sounds like it is not worth the money then. Thanks so much!!