Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The floor is NOT the best place! >

The floor is NOT the best place!

The floor is NOT the best place!

Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Since I hand quilt, I have these wonderful frames by Vonda. I can set up the frames, attach the backing, smooth on the batting and layout the top in a very short time. I then pin baste it. Can do a full size quilt in a little over an hour. It is so easy, I don't need any help setting it up.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 PM

You can also use pvc pipe to all cut the same size to fit into the legs on the folding table. I think it is more of a custom fit so that you can get it the correct height for your body. I have also used a closeline, hung really high, and then pin it with clothes pins to the line. Personally I really don't like that as well, simply because your quilt will move every time you try to pin it. There are some really great ideas on this post. You can see that there are so many ways to do this that many come out beautifully. The portable tables seem to me the best route. Whether you use them at the library, or church, (or foreign legion hall, or party house in apartments) find what will work for you.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:11 AM

you could use knee pads, I tape my backing down to my carpet& sometimes i use big safety pins to make it tight. then i spray the backing lightly then i put my batting down spray a little at a time unfold the batting as you go.then i spray my battering & unfold my top & pin half to carpet & spray other half & pin to carpet. I do this for all my quilts from small to king & dont have any problems getting wrinkles on the back you can see my quilts here I post front & back .