Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FMQ comming along, but...... >

FMQ comming along, but......

FMQ comming along, but......

Old 06-05-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Router, you say yes to; I say pfft. Totally unnecessary. Take a 20.00 bill and flush it down the toilet.
You know, there is no need to be rude and dismissive when you're speaking about a suggestion that was made in the attempt to be helpful to the person who asked the question.

$20 is too much money for you to spend? Okay, that's fine, don't do it. But why make disparaging remarks about it as though it's a stupid idea.

For me, $20 was a small price to pay for something that turned out to be very helpful. In other words, it was wayyyyy worth it to me. Worked like a charm while I got the hang of controlling a machine that had two speeds - "jackrabbit" and "stop."
Old 06-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I'm not an electrician, but I would hesitate to using router (rheostat) on a sewing machine, especially if it's a computerized one,
I have no idea if this would be a problem - maybe there will be an electrician or someone who can answer this definitively.

Until then, maybe you're right and people shouldn't use this on a computerized machine. Thanks for the input.

I've used the router control primarily on model 15's - one with a vintage and one with a modern repro motors. I also used it with two vintage Kenmores. I first heard about it several years ago on a vintage machine list and I've never heard of anyone ever having any problem with it at all.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM

[/quote]For me, $20 was a small price to pay for something that turned out to be very helpful. In other words, it was wayyyyy worth it to me. Worked like a charm while I got the hang of controlling a machine that had two speeds - "jackrabbit" and "stop."[/quote]

This is my thinking also. My machine is not computerized and is a Charlie Sheen Ltd. Edition Kenmore with one gear, "GO" (sorry, had to) . It would take muscles non existent in the human foot to make it do anything else. I am also a mother of 3 planning on going back to school soon and time is limited, so I need to make each practice session really count. I have a Queen Sized T shirt Quilt I made just waiting to be quilted so anything that will help me get this down is worth it. I also have the potential to be paid for making my friend's parents one so it would pretty much pay for itself. :) Thanks again to everyone for the advise.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:49 PM

I found your informaiton helpful as I had went to Freight Harbor and bought one a few weeks ago, wasn't quite sure how to operate it til now! Thanks, not sure if I will like it, but if it helps with FM I am all about it. Mine cost $16.00 and you can use a 20% coupon and also get a free flashlight while your at it! I think that is quite a bargain! I use mine on an old singer.

Also, you can pick up some gloves for fm there for a buck! Love Freight Harbor! :-D