Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13

Thread: Fons and Porter TV program

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMel
    Yep, disappeared here too...only on Saturdays now...Couldn't find quilting arts or quilt in a day on PBS either...
    QIAD can be found on the RFDTV. It is on Wednesday at two times, mid morning and early evening.. Her new book about Barns are being shown. My local PBS station has dropped F&P. They are probably hopefully pick up the show again when another season is produced. I have DirecTV. :cry:
    I have cable....thanks for the info....I think part of my problem is I seem to always be at work these days...lol....but used to set my alarm for 7:30 am just to watch them, the first day I got up and they weren't on I was slightly irritated...considering I had worked till 1 am the night before...lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie1948
    Just got some information that the RFD channel is going to have several quilt shows starting in January.
    How wonderful!!! Can you post when you find out the information?

It is worth the money to have a DVR. Just getting rid of commercials is worth the cost. 20 minutes of each hour is commercials.
    Being able to record all your favorite programs then watch when you want is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie1948
    Just got some information that the RFD channel is going to have several quilt shows starting in January.
    Good, good, good.

The show is still in production with Marianne Fons and her daughter Mary, they're showing the 1800 series now on most PBS channelsl (Saturday mornings). I understand some of the cable companies have dropped the show.
    I miss Fons and Porter, not so crazy about Fons and daughter. Maybe its just me, but the projects just don't seem as interesting - I think I just miss Liz, understand she wanted to spend more time with grandkids.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13