Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Patch Posy pattern

Blog Entries

Four Patch Posy pattern

I have been reading and trying to understand the Four Patch Posy pattern. It is so confusing and the pictures are horrible. Do you stack the fabric in four layer repeats and cut squares?
    Got fabric?

I bought this pattern and some fabric for it 2 or 3 years ago and just dug it out today. I, too, am reading the instructions and seem to get more confused each time I read them. Maybe tomorrow it will sink in. Good luck with yours!

Blog Entries
    you stack four layers, pinning areas of print you can match through all the layers. then depending on how many repeats you can get from your fabric, you cut strips. like 12 inches between repeats would let you cut four 3 inch strips or three 4 inch strips. then cut squares from those strips (3 or 4 inches). then take those stacks of four sqs and have fun turning them and making four patch poseys. it's fairly easy.I made one quilt without the pattern. i didn't like it and gave it away. I got more info out of fellow quilters.
    good luck.

Blog Entries
    Here is a previous thread on the subject

Making a 4 patch posie quilt
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

That's basically it. I have the Stacked Posie Supreme pattern, even more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I have been reading and trying to understand the Four Patch Posy pattern. It is so confusing and the pictures are horrible. Do you stack the fabric in four layer repeats and cut squares?

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    That's basically it. I have the Stacked Posie Supreme pattern, even more confusing.
    I have that one, too, but haven't even looked at it yet.

Blog Entries
    I agree - I had the pattern and couldn't figure it out. Went back to the lqs I bought it at, and got the material there and she cut it in the four pieces and pinned it. So I could do. Not quilt I would do again.
    Quilting in the Desert

I never had a pattern. It is just a version of a Stack and whack, only 4 layers thick. You can choose your own size for the squares. So what if it crosses over and is more than one repeat, I didn;t but there is no reason you can't do one big 4 patch posey and put smaller ones around it. I did use sashing between my 4 patch posies though not everyone I know has done that.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

The four patch posie pattern is the worst cover front picture. It really is confusing and turns me off from ever buying that pattern. If I ever do a four patch posie, I'll refer to Bethany Reynolds's Stack n Whack and just stack four layers.

I did it without a pattern and found it kind of fun. I enjoyed playing with the squares and positioning them just so...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast