Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free Motion Quilting

I will definitely watch some videos. I tried to do it for the first time at class on monday. The top looked good. The bottom , loose.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    I will definitely watch some videos. I tried to do it for the first time at class on monday. The top looked good. The bottom , loose.
    tension problem.. from a 3 to a 2 1/2 that direction.. good luck !

I can barely draw stick people, so I don't FMQ anything specific. I do, like stippling, since it lets the child in me go wild. Just don't cross over the lines.

Those gals on YouTube make it look so darn easy. I'm still trying to get the "oops points" out of my feathers!

I have just started FMQ. My quilting looks like I have paulsy( shaking). I haven't figured out how to hold the fabric steady when I move my hands. It looks OK after it's been washed, but looks jerky. I am working on the skill builder sheets I just ordered. They are slowly building my confidence. Hopefully after I complete both skill builder sheets, It will start to look a little better. Practice, practice, practice.

I am learning too. I admit though-it has helped me to draw myself a basic pattern with a washable pen. I don't follow it to the tee-- but it helps me with the direction and where I am headed. I can then concentrate on flow and relaxing without trying to concentrate on where I am headed :) I have progressed to small projects. Much more fun to practice on something small besides fabric sandwiches hehe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuusistoquilter
    I have just started FMQ. My quilting looks like I have paulsy( shaking). I haven't figured out how to hold the fabric steady when I move my hands. It looks OK after it's been washed, but looks jerky. I am working on the skill builder sheets I just ordered. They are slowly building my confidence. Hopefully after I complete both skill builder sheets, It will start to look a little better. Practice, practice, practice.
    I have parkinson's so, do little areas at a time and rest.. about 4 inches at a time.. then my hands misbehave. so.. that works too.

Blog Entries
    :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2