Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Freezer paper... >

Freezer paper...

Freezer paper...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

put painters tape on the end that feeds through the machine first. God bless. Penny
Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by piledriver
I have a menthod for printing on freezer paper that has worked for me each time I've tried it. I saved the sticky backings that I'd peeled off the "printable fabric sheets" after printing and removing the fabric ... (to save them I placed a sheet of plastic wrap on the sticky side before storing flat for use later) ...months later, after remembering exactly where I'd stored them - I cut the FP into letter size and stuck the glossy side to the sticky side and they went right through the printer. I found that like FP, these sticky backings could be used multiple times. Don't know where to tell you to get JUST the sticky backs but if you ever have a project requiring the printable fabric sheets DON'T DISCARD those backs after removing your printed fabric.

Yes, it's called "Garden Beauty" and is in the June 2010 issue of Quilter's World. See the cover of the issue at http://www.quilters-world.com.

Here's where I am so far.
Hope this helps - I hadn't previously seen this technique - but I think I'm going to have to try it. Your first block is impressive! Since you weren't able to post the photo of the pattern, can you tell us the name of the pattern?

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by Kitsie
I want to use Freezer paper piecing on a new pattern. I need 33 copies of the design (see below) but I can't seem to get the FP to feed thru the ink-jet printer and I REALLY don't want to copy it by hand!

OK tried ironing just a narrow strip of the top of a slightly smaller sheet of FP to a normal piece of paper and it went thru just fine...so far! 32 more to go!

If there are other ways I'm a good learner!
Awright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First piece done! Not perfect but I've learned something new! Only 32 more to go! I feel like we are all doing it together.
This is fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66845[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66840.gif  
Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM

That looks great! I can't wait to see each step of progress. Isn't it fun? :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM

That is a beautiful block, but now I'm curious as to why you have the blocks pinned down like that. Just always ready to learn something new. Hope you don't mind.
Eva
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Eva, ask away! I can't find the link to the web site with the tutorial (maybe one of our members could give it again), but my blocks were slightly small - 1/8th to 1/4", so I misted them with water (its best to use spray starch but mine already had plenty of starch in them). I drew the exact size on cardboard and simply stretched the block to fit starting at the corner then the middle of the sides, etc. When it dries it holds its shape to the proper size.

Thanks for asking!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:31 AM

I see, never heard of this before, but that's a good idea.Want to try that sometime. Thankyou. >>
Old 05-13-2010, 01:59 PM

Wow, Kitsie, another great tip! It was very timely for me because I was looking at my Montana Cartwheel blocks and wondering whether I needed to trim them or what.

If you come across the link, I would love to have it. :-D :-D
Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM

Sure will! Aaaah! Here it is!

http://sharonschambernetwork.com/Classes.aspx

Go down to the 2nd set of "pictures" for how to stretch and how to square. Works a treat!