Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Funky Monkey Moda Panel Soft Book Need help. >

Funky Monkey Moda Panel Soft Book Need help.

Funky Monkey Moda Panel Soft Book Need help.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:12 PM

Default Funky Monkey Moda Panel Soft Book Need help.

Hi. I just made all the pages from the Moda panel for the monkey soft book. It is not a typical book. EAch page had to be cut separately. In order to put the book together, the directions say to pile the pages on top of each other (after making the sandwiches) and sew a seam on the left side.. Does anyone have any other good ideas. To me this will not look "finished". Can someone talk me through a binding of some sort to put the four pages together. I have the four pages sewn up. I hope this makes sense.
MA
Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 PM

If you have enough of the print between the pages, you could "bind" the four pages together.
Cut a strip say maybe 2 inches wide and 2 inches longer than the edge you are binding.
Stack the pages in the correct order and put the strip right side down on the top page, folding the extra inch wrong sides together at both ends.
Stitch 1/2 inch from the edge through all the layers, press a 1/2 inch fold on the other long edge of the strip and bring it to the back of the book.
Topstitch or handstitch that edge down.

Clear as mud? Writing out instructions is not my strong point!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 AM

Have you seen those ring books with a binding down the outside making it look like a book. This would be a good idea as it would allow little one to lay the book out flat and not mess about like paper backs do.
Like quiltingVagabond as clear as mud.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 AM

You say that each page was made separately. Were the pages bound or pillowcased? You could put an extra binding on the left hand side, then use grommets to make reinforced holes and placing the pages in a 3-ring binder (that you, of course, have covered with fabric).