Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Funny Coincidence? Pictures added

Well, Lisa, that just shows you how much you liked that pattern. Actually, I've done things similar to that. Kind of weird, huh?
    I didn't know about your hip replacement and oh, my gosh, I sure hope everthing turns out well for you. Prayers to to you, girl. Keep up the great attitude you have.

Oh dear Lisa, hope all goes well for you. I still have in home PT for another week and then will start doing out patient for a month. They say knee replacement is the 2nd most painful sugery - 1st is cutting open the chest. My knee is already better than it was before surgery and my other knee has also improved, so I can hopefully put off that surgery for a few years. Will say some prayers for you.

Obviously, the dear quilter, from the past, wanted her work completed. So, wahlah, she simply put her unfinished pattern in your path. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
    Obviously, the dear quilter, from the past, wanted her work completed. So, wahlah, she simply put her unfinished pattern in your path. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. :roll:
    As good as any other explanation. :) I do like working with old materials and tops. I am currently hand quilting a top that I bought from a street sale and restored.

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Oh dear Lisa, hope all goes well for you. I still have in home PT for another week and then will start doing out patient for a month. They say knee replacement is the 2nd most painful sugery - 1st is cutting open the chest. My knee is already better than it was before surgery and my other knee has also improved, so I can hopefully put off that surgery for a few years. Will say some prayers for you.
    It sounds like you are doing well. I hope you continue to improve. It does make a difference getting a good joint, doesn't it? I read some thing I liked regarding joint replacement - you wind up with a good hip/knee. Not a natural hip/knee, but a good one...

Thank you for the good wishes! I am lucky - on the continuum of cancers, mine is minor.

Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    Well, Lisa, that just shows you how much you liked that pattern. Actually, I've done things similar to that. Kind of weird, huh?
    I didn't know about your hip replacement and oh, my gosh, I sure hope everthing turns out well for you. Prayers to to you, girl. Keep up the great attitude you have.
    It is a good pattern - simple but interesting.

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers. By the way, my hip replacement is why I never sent you the top for you to practice free motion quilting on . . . It sort of fell by the way side. The past couple of months have been very busy for me...

Glad to hear you are doing okay! How about a cathedral window for the doctor's waiting room?

Lise , So glad your doing better , yes keep those hands busy it inproves the mind haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. happy quilting :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I thought I'd update this thread. I mentioned that I was diagnosed with DCIS (a form of breast cancer - very early, non invasive). I had surgery (lumpectomy) in late June, and discovered I actaully had second tumor, an early invasive cancer.

I was told that I would not require any more sugery, so I thought I would have radiation and be done with treatment. However, I am not. My radiation oncologist asked me to get a MRI before beginning radiation. I had the MRI last week and they found four more suspect areas, 3 in one breast and one in the other. So I will have biopsies of these areas and take it from there. Hopefully the areas will be benign. I am tired of the process, doctors, tests, etc, although I feel perfectly healthy.

At least my hip is doing well. I've been hiking and climbing and going to pilates and yoga classes. I'm also cutting pieces for a future quilt from my friend Lyn'v vintage scraps. And getting back to the orginal topic of this thread she is using the same pattern to make a quilt from the scraps. Fun!

Wow-sounds like you have a great attitude and positive outlook!! Both are important for your recovery. The fact that you have "bounced back" from your hip replacement tells us all that nothing keeps a good girl down :D Hope all goes well for you--please keep us posted. You will be in my prayers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast