View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 AM
lisae

I thought I'd update this thread. I mentioned that I was diagnosed with DCIS (a form of breast cancer - very early, non invasive). I had surgery (lumpectomy) in late June, and discovered I actaully had second tumor, an early invasive cancer.

I was told that I would not require any more sugery, so I thought I would have radiation and be done with treatment. However, I am not. My radiation oncologist asked me to get a MRI before beginning radiation. I had the MRI last week and they found four more suspect areas, 3 in one breast and one in the other. So I will have biopsies of these areas and take it from there. Hopefully the areas will be benign. I am tired of the process, doctors, tests, etc, although I feel perfectly healthy.

At least my hip is doing well. I've been hiking and climbing and going to pilates and yoga classes. I'm also cutting pieces for a future quilt from my friend Lyn'v vintage scraps. And getting back to the orginal topic of this thread she is using the same pattern to make a quilt from the scraps. Fun!