Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Coincidence? Pictures added

Yesterday, my friend Jen came over. I began guiding her through the process of making a simple baby quilt, using some of my flannel scraps. While she was cutting squares, I spent some time prepping projects...

I've decide the next quilt I am gong to make will be a scrap quilt using a collection of 1950/1960 fabric samples I bought at a antique mall in Barstow, Ca. I decided I would use a pattern I found on the internet. Basically it is a four patch, framed on the sides by two short strips and two longer strips, making a square. You set it by rotating the blocks, making a basket weave type pattern.

So, I sorted the fabric for this quilt while Jen way working. When I finished sorting the fabric, I pulled out partially assembled top and scraps (30s & 40s fabric) that I purchased about ten years ago and took a look at it, thinking it is time I put it together. Well, this top is the same pattern as the one I am making out of the fabric I bought in Barstow.

I've spent part of this morning pondering this coincidence. I didn't remember the partially assembled top when I decided on the pattern for the Barstow Scraps, or at least, I had no conscious memory of it. Well, now I will have two quilts with the same pattern.

Bri
    Never a bad thing! :)

I think that's a good and lucky sign! Both will be beautiful. I love vintage fabrics. Can't wait to see your finished quilts! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    I think that's a good and lucky sign! Both will be beautiful. I love vintage fabrics. Can't wait to see your finished quilts! :D
    I'll post pictures...Of course it, it may take me a while... :)

It's obvious you really like that quilt pattern! :wink:

Blog Entries
    That is funny! How about a picture of the one that's already started so we can see what you're talking about?

Yes!!! A pic of the one you have already started.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    That is funny! How about a picture of the one that's already started so we can see what you're talking about?
    I'll post pictures tomorrow. I didn't think to take any yesterday...

If you don't want two quilts that are the same pattern you could always just send one of them to me. 8) :)
    Can't wait to see them.

I love serendipity!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast