View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 PM
lisae

Yesterday, my friend Jen came over. I began guiding her through the process of making a simple baby quilt, using some of my flannel scraps. While she was cutting squares, I spent some time prepping projects...

I've decide the next quilt I am gong to make will be a scrap quilt using a collection of 1950/1960 fabric samples I bought at a antique mall in Barstow, Ca. I decided I would use a pattern I found on the internet. Basically it is a four patch, framed on the sides by two short strips and two longer strips, making a square. You set it by rotating the blocks, making a basket weave type pattern.

So, I sorted the fabric for this quilt while Jen way working. When I finished sorting the fabric, I pulled out partially assembled top and scraps (30s & 40s fabric) that I purchased about ten years ago and took a look at it, thinking it is time I put it together. Well, this top is the same pattern as the one I am making out of the fabric I bought in Barstow.

I've spent part of this morning pondering this coincidence. I didn't remember the partially assembled top when I decided on the pattern for the Barstow Scraps, or at least, I had no conscious memory of it. Well, now I will have two quilts with the same pattern.