Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fuseaboo Batting - On Larger Quilts? >

Fuseaboo Batting - On Larger Quilts?

Fuseaboo Batting - On Larger Quilts?

Old 02-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Swap Hosts

*Sigh* I think I will go to the gym and forget about it for the moment.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:33 AM

Would it work to put into dryer on no heat? I've used fusible batt before and don't recall it being too sticky to use.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I have several rolls of Fuseaboo batting. Why? Who knows. Maybe they were on sale and I had a coupon. Anyway, the package recommends using it for things like bags, table runners, etc. but the pieces are quite large. I'd love to use it up on lap sized or larger quilts, but it seems so cumbersome to get the kinks out of it and iron it without making a lumpy mess. Any advice?
Sounds like this would be a perfect candidate for my Quilt Frame. I have the ones that were probably made in 1892 for my husband's grandmother. There are two 1X3 boards about 6 feet long and two about 7 feet long. I stapled denim strips to them so I can pin my large quilts to that. (My mother-in-law used thumb tacks.) I make a large square with these boards using C-clamps on the corners. Now I have bolts which hold the corners solid. Nothing is going to wrinkle when you stretch it onto that frame. I don't stretch too much, but I get the wrinkles out.

My son has now made me two more boards that are 8 feet long and I made myself two that are 4 feet long. Now I can tie or pin baste many more sizes. When a quilting friend passed, her family offered a set that were 102 inches long. I didn't take them but sometimes wish I had.