Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gadgets! Do we ever have enough? >

Gadgets! Do we ever have enough?

Gadgets! Do we ever have enough?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 AM

hi-i have a quiltcut 2 and love it! i bought mine used...a good place to find them is the yahoo group sew its for sale. recently, one was there for 125-. i paid more than that, but the woman was SOOOOOOO nice to me...let me pay it off in two installments, and mailed it to me before it was paid for.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:28 AM

I have been watching this thread, the new gadgets are nice, oh yes. I am trying to make use of what I have and I have enough. My aim right now is to cut straight strips, if I can master this and I am trying, then I do not need anything else, much. lol
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

I guess the most expensive tool I have (other then machine) is the Go Die cut and all the dies I want. I could fit every gadget and tool my sewing room in DH's boat and it still not be 1/2 of what he spends per month on golfing, hunting, fishing and four wheeling. DH thinks my quilting is a cheap hobby compared to his.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I guess the most expensive tool I have (other then machine) is the Go Die cut and all the dies I want. I could fit every gadget and tool my sewing room in DH's boat and it still not be 1/2 of what he spends per month on golfing, hunting, fishing and four wheeling. DH thinks my quilting is a cheap hobby compared to his.
Along side what he does, your hobby is cheaper, not to mention you stay home in most cases to do it. Good for you and him too. Some husbands would not be that nice about it and still do their thing. Lucky girl you.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM

Yeah for you BellaBoo! My husband does not say much regarding my expense with this hobby of mine as he has his hobbies too, but he is more conservative than I. I think we are very fortunate to have supportive spouses. I do a little teaching with quilting in my home and one of my students brought her husband in to meet me. He didn't want her to start quilting because in his opinion we are a slothful group. He said she would quit taking care of the house and not fix his meals and would probably stay in her pajamas all day and become unkept and sloppy. That's what his mother did. So he was surprised to see it wasn't quite that way with me. He only allowed her $25 to spend on quilting and said if she could do something with that then maybe he'd reconsider the situation. I'm neat and orderly with my home and had a pot roast in the slow cooker so it filled the house with wonderful smells of dinner. I have my make up on and hair combed each day. My studio is organized but I have a multitude of things in here. The guy just kept looking around like he couldn't belive what he was seeing. My student said she would call me back. She's using my stuff to get started and I'll probably just give her a few things if she is serious about doing this. I'll quit spouting and get back to cutting some tumblers now, love that die.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
one of my students brought her husband in to meet me. He didn't want her to start quilting because in his opinion we are a slothful group. He said she would quit taking care of the house and not fix his meals and would probably stay in her pajamas all day and become unkept and sloppy. That's what his mother did. So he was surprised to see it wasn't quite that way with me. He only allowed her $25 to spend on quilting and said if she could do something with that then maybe he'd reconsider the situation.

OMG. That man would have never gotten away with insulting me and sizing me up out like that in my home. He would be high tailing it out the door with my foot print up his butt. What a creep!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by davidjones82 View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know how to make a Pinwheel Quilt using the pinwheel gadgets? This type of quilt is made using the gadget to make a kizillion little pinwheels which then get sewn or crocheted (I don't remember) together.
I'm not familiar with this one. If it works it sounds like it would be useful for a kizillion pinwheels. Holy cow, that's got to be a lot of work.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 AM

OMG. That man would have never gotten away with insulting me and sizing me up out like that in my home. He would be high tailing it out the door with my foot print up his butt. What a creep!
He hasn't been back, neither has the wife. Takes all kinds, but I'm not wasting any energy on that one. What surprised me was how surprised he seemed to be!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
hi-i have a quiltcut 2 and love it! i bought mine used...a good place to find them is the yahoo group sew its for sale. recently, one was there for 125-. i paid more than that, but the woman was SOOOOOOO nice to me...let me pay it off in two installments, and mailed it to me before it was paid for.
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I'll check it out. I'm happy to hear that you love your quiltcut 2!