View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Rhonda Lee

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I guess the most expensive tool I have (other then machine) is the Go Die cut and all the dies I want. I could fit every gadget and tool my sewing room in DH's boat and it still not be 1/2 of what he spends per month on golfing, hunting, fishing and four wheeling. DH thinks my quilting is a cheap hobby compared to his.
Yeah for you BellaBoo! My husband does not say much regarding my expense with this hobby of mine as he has his hobbies too, but he is more conservative than I. I think we are very fortunate to have supportive spouses. I do a little teaching with quilting in my home and one of my students brought her husband in to meet me. He didn't want her to start quilting because in his opinion we are a slothful group. He said she would quit taking care of the house and not fix his meals and would probably stay in her pajamas all day and become unkept and sloppy. That's what his mother did. So he was surprised to see it wasn't quite that way with me. He only allowed her $25 to spend on quilting and said if she could do something with that then maybe he'd reconsider the situation. I'm neat and orderly with my home and had a pot roast in the slow cooker so it filled the house with wonderful smells of dinner. I have my make up on and hair combed each day. My studio is organized but I have a multitude of things in here. The guy just kept looking around like he couldn't belive what he was seeing. My student said she would call me back. She's using my stuff to get started and I'll probably just give her a few things if she is serious about doing this. I'll quit spouting and get back to cutting some tumblers now, love that die.