Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden patch cats

Has anyone seen or done the " Garden Patch Cats" by Helen Knott, they are so cute, I am sending for patterns and plan to make wall hanging first but eventually a quilt. There are 16 blocks each 18" square, and come with a recipe. First one will be "Avacato"

Blog Entries
    I just looked them up! So cute they are. That is just a pattern, not a BOM ?

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    I just looked them up! So cute they are. That is just a pattern, not a BOM ?
    You can get just the pattern , or kit, but it is not block of the month anywhere that I know of. I can't wait to start, I think I will use some flannels and some homespun, give them some texturel.Rita

Blog Entries
    Yes, you have to buy the patterns individually. Have been lusting after them for a while but have so many other things going on can't seem to make time for them. Please show us pics when you get your Avacato done!

my friends and i have a little informal quilt group and we are doing these blocks as a bom. on the first monday of the month we each choose one of the blocks to do and have to have them done by the following first monday. we are having a great time. each of us is using our own methods and fabrics. i have veggie background fabric with batik cats, using machine applique. another is using veggie fabric for the cats with solid backgrounds and needle turn applique. our maverick quilter is doing very textured cats using things like minky and texture magic.

I've seen them in catalogs and on line. Very clever. But I've not tried them.

I've done pump cat and have the pattern for gourdo gato but haven't made it yet. They are very cute.

I believe www.storyquilts.com has an auto-ship plan on these again. I got them from there when they first came out. They are very cute.

my bff & i are collecting the patterns,sharing the cost,which helps!.haven't started them yet ,but am anxious to.they look like so much fun.i want to start on caulipuss first.[before i do that,i need to use my new [to me] machine.haven't seen any kits,just patterns,tho
    good luck,dar

Quote Originally Posted by pdcakm
    my friends and i have a little informal quilt group and we are doing these blocks as a bom. on the first monday of the month we each choose one of the blocks to do and have to have them done by the following first monday. we are having a great time. each of us is using our own methods and fabrics. i have veggie background fabric with batik cats, using machine applique. another is using veggie fabric for the cats with solid backgrounds and needle turn applique. our maverick quilter is doing very textured cats using things like minky and texture magic.
    What a great project for a quilting group, 4 friends and I also have an informal group, this would be a great idea, I don't know if the rest of the group would be as interested as I am , but I will find out, could you post some pictures of the finished blocks, I am really curious about how they look in different fabrics and colors. Thanks so much, Rita

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast