Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Garden patch cats >

Garden patch cats

Garden patch cats

Old 01-29-2011, 09:13 PM

Has anyone seen or done the " Garden Patch Cats" by Helen Knott, they are so cute, I am sending for patterns and plan to make wall hanging first but eventually a quilt. There are 16 blocks each 18" square, and come with a recipe. First one will be "Avacato"
Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 PM

I just looked them up! So cute they are. That is just a pattern, not a BOM ?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I just looked them up! So cute they are. That is just a pattern, not a BOM ?
You can get just the pattern , or kit, but it is not block of the month anywhere that I know of. I can't wait to start, I think I will use some flannels and some homespun, give them some texturel.Rita
Old 01-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Yes, you have to buy the patterns individually. Have been lusting after them for a while but have so many other things going on can't seem to make time for them. Please show us pics when you get your Avacato done!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:18 PM

my friends and i have a little informal quilt group and we are doing these blocks as a bom. on the first monday of the month we each choose one of the blocks to do and have to have them done by the following first monday. we are having a great time. each of us is using our own methods and fabrics. i have veggie background fabric with batik cats, using machine applique. another is using veggie fabric for the cats with solid backgrounds and needle turn applique. our maverick quilter is doing very textured cats using things like minky and texture magic.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:56 PM

I've seen them in catalogs and on line. Very clever. But I've not tried them.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:45 AM

I've done pump cat and have the pattern for gourdo gato but haven't made it yet. They are very cute.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 AM

I believe www.storyquilts.com has an auto-ship plan on these again. I got them from there when they first came out. They are very cute.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:12 AM

my bff & i are collecting the patterns,sharing the cost,which helps!.haven't started them yet ,but am anxious to.they look like so much fun.i want to start on caulipuss first.[before i do that,i need to use my new [to me] machine.haven't seen any kits,just patterns,tho
good luck,dar
Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
my friends and i have a little informal quilt group and we are doing these blocks as a bom. on the first monday of the month we each choose one of the blocks to do and have to have them done by the following first monday. we are having a great time. each of us is using our own methods and fabrics. i have veggie background fabric with batik cats, using machine applique. another is using veggie fabric for the cats with solid backgrounds and needle turn applique. our maverick quilter is doing very textured cats using things like minky and texture magic.
What a great project for a quilting group, 4 friends and I also have an informal group, this would be a great idea, I don't know if the rest of the group would be as interested as I am , but I will find out, could you post some pictures of the finished blocks, I am really curious about how they look in different fabrics and colors. Thanks so much, Rita