Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Gathering at Stover, MO

Two friends of mine drove up from Branson/Hollister and met me in Springfield and I chaufeurred rest of the way. We had never been to The Gathering before. I liked it and would go again. There was quite a difference in each display. Fat quarters varied in prices from $1 to $2.75. There was lots of yardage, all kinds of rulers, templates, patterns and books. I thought the people were very friendly and helpful. We also visited the 3 quilt shops in the area. Drove to Versailles and had lunch then back through Camdenton, found another cute quilt shop there, too. Drove to Lebanon and then on to Springfield and finished the day at Merrily's We Quilt Along. I loved everything. How often can you go somewhere where you can quilt shop hop in a specific area and hit so many stores without driving? I did purchase one of their The Gathering T-shirts, my momento of the day, pretty cute with the hoot owls. Should take a pic and for you all to see.

don't you just love the t-shirt?
    Name:  Attachment-175494.jpe
Views: 700
Size:  43.5 KB

$100 bought all of this, 20 yards of fabric, 15 fat quarters, 1 books, two template sets, 2 patterns and my t-shirt
    Name:  Attachment-175495.jpe
Views: 701
Size:  61.6 KB

Loved what you got on your adventure. Sounds like you had a gread day.

did you drive out to the 2 "Amish/Mennonite" fabric stores too?
    they are in the Excelsior area--about 5 or 6 miles from Versailes.

It sounds like a wonderful day. What a great haul. Have fun with it.

sounds like my kind of trip fun fun fun .

We thought about it and with the weather being iffy, we decided to head on home, made a circle but we will go again and not have to wait for another The Gathering. Thanks for asking and for the info you gave me ahead of time.

: )
    my cousin and I went yesterday. had a good time....

I went Friday and bought some batting and Watkins coconut flavoring, my friends said the lunch there was really good. I also went to the shop in Stover and bought 12 yards of sale fabric. My budget always takes a blow at that shop!

We went to all three shops there and enjoyed them but loved going to Claude's. I found the most beatiful teal batik fabric and all of it found a new home with me. His store was so cute and rustic. Gave us a map to the other shops but we had already been to NuStyle. Quality Quilting was very interesting in being able to watch how they quilting using the more vintage style frames hanging from the ceilings and using their stretched Singers. Great deals to be had on fabric there.

Did you go to the Oaks on Hwy.5 south of Camdenton???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast