Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaven's Tying Needle- Anyone know where to get these?

Gaven's Tying Needle- Anyone know where to get these?

The only two quilts I've ever made I tied...mostly because I like the look. I was on youtube the other day and saw this gal using this HANDY DANDY tying needle, and I emailed her, but got no response. Does anyone know if these are available for sale?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqSgU-o57E

I have never seen it but a good quilt shop on line should have it - try Nancy's notions.

She says in the comments that her uncle designed the needle and they were trying to get it produced..that was a year ago, so not sure it can be bought.

Blog Entries
    Did you find this needle yet? I have one and it came in a package of heavy duty upholstery type needles. I don't know if Joann's has them but you should be able to get one at an upholstery shop. PM me if you can't find one and I will check and see if I have an extra.

I use a large curved"Tapered" Needle. I got this needle form the Veterinarian's office. At the time I was working in my husbands Vet practice. It makes a Dandy needle for tying quilts.

Chris
    What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

Did you find a needle yet. I have a couple and if you send private message I will send one to you.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

tmw
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    Did you find a needle yet. I have a couple and if you send private message I will send one to you.
    could you show a picture of this needle, i help the ladies at the local VFW make lap quilts and they tie all the quits, so these needles would help alot. thank-you.
    Thelma

Blog Entries

remove copyright image

I just tied my first quilt and I got curved needles at Joann's or Hancock Fabrics. They are from Dritz quilting and they are called "Curved Needles for Tying Quilts" I didn't see them on the Joann's site but I found a link to them on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-3050-Cur...d_sim_sbs_ac_2
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-07-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: add link
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I notice the needle on Youtube is different than the above picture (which looks like an ordinary curved upholstery needle that is just being called a "quilt" needle. The tieing needle in the video has more of a bend and it's closer to the tip--for slipping into the quilt and immediately back to the top----making a short stitch that is almost automatic. Have you googled for the needle by the name the girl gives it? Looks really interesting. Tho I have never tied quilts, this might be a new finish for me! Let us know if you ever find it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    I notice the needle on Youtube is different than the above picture (which looks like an ordinary curved upholstery needle that is just being called a "quilt" needle. The tieing needle in the video has more of a bend and it's closer to the tip--for slipping into the quilt and immediately back to the top----making a short stitch that is almost automatic. Have you googled for the needle by the name the girl gives it? Looks really interesting. Tho I have never tied quilts, this might be a new finish for me! Let us know if you ever find it.

Could you take one of the larger curved needles and put a "bend" in it?
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast