Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: General cost of sewing machine tune-up?

I have an Elna Heritage that has never seen the inside of a repair shop (my bad) :oops: I try to keep it clean on my own, etc., but know I should take it in for a thorough cleaning. Can anyone tell me if I'm looking at $50 or $500 bucks?

I have no idea, but will be interested to see what others say. Mine is new and only a couple of months old, but I've been riding it like an outlaw running from the law, so am wondering if it needs a break and tuneup. Not to hijack your thread, but how often should a machine go to the shop for a tuneup?

I've had my cleaned for $130-$150., I have a Husqvarna, Designer 1. I take mine in yearly.

Blog Entries
    Ouch!!! :shock: Is that a cleaning and a tune-up...maybe something else too???? (I say hopefully)
    Mine are both two years old...haven't been in yet...but I know it's time. I was hoping for just a cleaning it would be $50 or less :? :? :?

Eddie - you're not hijacking, 'cause I need the answer to your question as well. Also, when the machine does go in for an 'annual physical' how long is it usually in the shop?

I want to know too. I have one that probably needs to go in for a cleaning.

My janome centre charges about AU$70 + parts for a service

I think last time I put it in on a thursday evening and got it back either the saturday or the next thursday. I work full time so getting in to the shop was harder for me.

People say you should go in yearly, but it depends on the use of your machine. Mine had never seen a service until about 18-24 months ago (my grandma gave it to me about 7 years ago and I am still learning what to do, but it does see more sewing these days than it used to).

I have a janome MC7500

When I took my Bernina in last November (I think) they checked everything and did a cleaning and it only cost me $40. They had to do some adjustment to the foot control but everything else was fine. They told me as long as I cleaned it regularly, once a year was fine. I think it was only there less than a week.

Banned
    a day of beauty for my machine runs $75.

Blog Entries
    Try taking to the place where you bought it. My dealer does not charge for check-ups. I dropped mine off in the mid-morning and picked it up at the end of the day.

I have another machine not bought at that dealer, and he charged me $50 plus parts. Again, another one-day affair.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast