Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Getting the marks out.... ??? >

Getting the marks out.... ???

Getting the marks out.... ???

Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Default Getting the marks out.... ???

I had to use 3 different markers on my quilt..... the blue (Mark-B-Gone), the white Fons and Porter pencil and a yellow Flexon pen. Blue showed up on the grey, white for the red, and yellow for the blue fabrics.

The blue seems to be coming off with plain water on a cloth..... that's good.... hope it doesn't come back when washed.

The white says it will come off with washing.... so I'll see how that goes when I wash the finished quilt. I really like this Fons and Porter pencil.... sharp lines.... easy to use. Even if the washing doesn't get it all out, the line is so thin that the thread pretty much covers it. I like that.

The yellow flexon pen says that friction will get it out. I've rubbed and rubbed, it's not going anywhere. So, here's the question..... How do you all get the yellow flexon pen color off your quilt fabric?? I need to know.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

If you are talking about the Frixion pens, they will disappear when ironed HOWEVER do not iron over the other pen marks!
The water soluable pens don't have to be just sponged or spritzed with water to disappear but the whole quilt must be WASHED or ironing can bring up a dark mark.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Thanks, Tartan. I'm getting so close to done..... I will iron the Frixion and be very careful not to put any heat on the others.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

I have used two types of marker, white chalk for the darks and Blue be Gone for the light but never used three pens. I have never tried the Frixion pens because I goes against my nature of using the Blue be Gone.