Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gift appreciation

Red face Gift appreciation

I made a baby quilt for a dear friend's daughter's "surprise" bundle of joy. When I took it over to my friend's, she said she was going over to her DD's to stay overnight & why didn't I follow her over (about a 30 min. drive) and give the gift myself. Checked with DH, to be sure it wouldn't be a problem, and said sure. Put the quilt back into the gift bag with other items & drove off. When we got there, her daughter was so overcome with joy & appreciation for the quilt and the baby afghan I had crocheted. She just kept saying, "You made this??? For me??? That is so flipping awesome!!! I can't believe you did that for me! That is just awesome!" Made me so happy that I wrestled with it & finally got it done.
    I know so many times I've seen posts from folks who have made beautiful quilt gifts that were severely underappreciated or even put down, I just had to share that remarkable reaction. It made me feel so glad that the effort I made was honored.
    Have a blessed day, everyone!

So glad you got the appreciation that many times is never given for all the time, money,and effort that's put in a quilt.Really makes a person so happy!This is one of the very reasons most all of us quilt.

So happy your little friend did appreciate you refforts and actually let you know. I have an 80+ year old friend who had some butterfly quilt blocks that her mother had appliqued and embroidered back in the 40s. I asked her if I could put them together for her and she let me take them. I sashed them together and added a floral border; quilted it in a free motion design and took it to her before Christmas last year. She said it was the most beautiful thing she ever had. She cried and I cried....still affects me now. Makes our efforts so worthwhile!
    Linda

I'm so happy that you got that reaction!!! It makes it all worthwhile!
    Gloria 

A wonderful reaction to your thoughtfulness! Thanks for sharing

Bless her heart!

saf
    I'm sure she will treasure your thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing your pleasure with us.

Blog Entries
    So sweet to hear your story of appreciation for homemade gifts. I love making homemade gifts. My friends and family accept them gratefully.

Doesn't it make you want to make her another one.

That is wonderful. It does feel good when someone appreciates all your hard work. Good Job!!!
    Marie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast