Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: gloves for cutting

Dear Kath;
    If you are looking for those gloves go too this site: www.fonsandporter.com .

I am sorry I should have interdosed my self, my name is Cheryl, I am a beginner to quilting. I wear gloves when I crochet and it gives me support with my wrist. If you feel that there gloves are too expensive you can always go to Walmart in the drugstore isle and find those gloves. The fingers only go up to the knuckles,but they do give your wrist support so that you don't get carpel tunnel.

Hope this helps you out.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    I glued handles onto the middle of my rulers and if I hold onto the handle it keeps my hands up and out of the way of the rotary cutters. I also put a small smear of rubber cement on the underside of the ruler to keep it from sliding. I used to have to wear the "clutz" gloves at work and I did not like the roughness against my hands, and I did get blisters once in a while from them

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I glued handles onto the middle of my rulers and if I hold onto the handle it keeps my hands up and out of the way of the rotary cutters. I also put a small smear of rubber cement on the underside of the ruler to keep it from sliding. I used to have to wear the "clutz" gloves at work and I did not like the roughness against my hands, and I did get blisters once in a while from them

Amma what a smart idea!!!

Blog Entries
    I can't take the credit for this idea, seen it on a tips segment somewhere and knew that it had to have been aired just for me.....lol I get busy and lost in what I am doing and just knew I would end up nicking myself :(

I have never cut myself, but have sewed my finger a time or 2! :D

Blog Entries
    I was at a quilt shop about a month ago, the little gal that worked there had dropped a rotary cutter and cut her toes. I guess I will have to search for a way to hold on to mine..........or start wearing steel toed shoes :) I think the advise I was given to always lock the blade back the second I was done using it has also kept me from cutting myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2