Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go or GoBaby? >

Go or GoBaby?

Go or GoBaby?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:06 PM

I bought the Baby Go 2 years ago and love it, however if you can afford it get the larger Go. I find it a little awkward using the strip dies in the Baby. It's fine with the smaller dies like squares and HSTs. I recently bought a Studio after using one in a class. Besides being a great tool, I think it's just great fun using the cutters! :-)
Old 07-16-2014, 05:47 PM

The Go folds up. You could put it anywhere, until you use it. It's pretty enough to go anywhere.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Neither. The Big Shot Pro is better than both of them.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Def the go. The baby is limited in dies. I have the go and love it!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM

I've used both. Depends on what you need and how much you can afford. The Go is more versatile than the Baby. All else being equal, I buy the best that I can afford. Sometimes I even get to upgrade, but started with less than top of the line on most things and only up grade if I really need to down the road.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I think you would be happier long-term with the Go! Many more options for dies down the road. Plus, the Go! folds up neatly and takes very little actual storage space. It's the *dies* that start taking up space once you start collecting them!
Agree with Prism, as usual. I have the Baby and have been disappointed that some of the dies I've wanted were too large for it.

Originally Posted by gale View Post
Sort of agree with this also, although I'm not sure it's the B.S. Pro (snort) that I'd want, but that's only out of ignorance and not preference. I know a woman who sells all of the die cutting machines, and she talks about being able to use Accuquilt dies in non-Accuquilt machines.

Moral of the story - check out ALL of the die-cutting machines before you decide. Also, you might want to look into the Brother Scan-n-Cut. A lot of the quilters I know who are appliquers are going absolutely bonkers over this machine because they can design anything they want and make it any size they want. You would not be limited to any one company's dies; you'd be limited just by your imagination.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I have to disagree. I won Big Shot Pro and gave it to my grand for paper crafts. I like the Go better for fabric cutting.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM

My personal reasons for the BSP over the GO (I have had both-sold my GO)
1. can use way more dies in the BSP. That was the main reason I switched. I wanted to do a 10" square and there's no way for that to ever happen in the GO. I can use my old GO dies as well as sizzix/ellison dies and if I want to, most studio dies.

2. easier for me to crank. I had serious shoulder issues after using the GO only a couple of times and none at all with the BSP.

3. the BSP is so much more solid than the GO. On the flip side, it is 50 lbs and has to have its own dedicated space. Not a problem for me since we made a cart for it but it could be an issue for people with limited space.

#1 sewed it up for me. I hate when companies go all proprietary (which is why I have an android phone but that's a subject for another thread).

On the other hand my sister has the regular size GO and is happy with it. She travels from Alaska to the lower 48 a couple of times a year so she likes portability.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:39 PM

I have the Go Baby.... got a good price and I really didn't think I would use it all that much. (Famous last words) I so wish I had gotten the Go. Someday would like to sell the baby and get the go.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 PM

Thanks ladies I appreciate all the help. I'll stop looking at the Baby and check out the Go & the others mentioned here. You guys are the best!