Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grandmother's Flower Garden >

Grandmother's Flower Garden

Grandmother's Flower Garden

Old 12-14-2014, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Personally, I'd invest in a Fiskars hexie punch. They come in a couple of sizes and I think it would be cheaper in the long run. I've seen them on Amazon.
Joann's now carries the hexie paper punch in three sizes in the scrap book section. I have one and it works great, good item for coupons.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:09 AM

For the last few months I've been working on a 1" hexie project to use up scraps, which hopefully will end up looking like 3-D tumbling blocks. I'd put together 16 blocks before I ran out of coloured scraps, so now I'm joining them together with a pale pathway, while I wait for more colours to accumulate. So far I've got about 10 of them connected.

I mostly stitch them in the evenings, sitting next to DH, while listening to the tv, and recently my DH has started making comments!

It began with questions about "how big will it end up?" Then it moved on to "how long will that take?" then "are you not bored with that yet?" These were repeated more than once.

Last night was a new high tho. I'm sitting there basting hexies, and he suddenly said "you need to get a boyfriend!"

I don't think he understands about hexies lol.

Cheers, K
Old 12-14-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
For the last few months I've been working on a 1" hexie project to use up scraps, which hopefully will end up looking like 3-D tumbling blocks. I'd put together 16 blocks before I ran out of coloured scraps, so now I'm joining them together with a pale pathway, while I wait for more colours to accumulate. So far I've got about 10 of them connected.

I mostly stitch them in the evenings, sitting next to DH, while listening to the tv, and recently my DH has started making comments!

It began with questions about "how big will it end up?" Then it moved on to "how long will that take?" then "are you not bored with that yet?" These were repeated more than once.

Last night was a new high tho. I'm sitting there basting hexies, and he suddenly said "you need to get a boyfriend!"

Cheers, K
So funny! My DH has learned not to make comments! So guess he does understand about Hexies. I really like your avatar photo. Wish I could see it up close and personal.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Siodach;7007282]For the last few months I've been working on a 1" hexie project to use up scraps, which hopefully will end up looking like 3-D tumbling blocks. I'd put together 16 blocks before I ran out of coloured scraps, so now I'm joining them together with a pale pathway, while I wait for more colours to accumulate. So far I've got about 10 of them connected.

Cheers, K

No I don't think he knows how hexigons work. LOL!!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by humbird View Post
So funny! My DH has learned not to make comments! So guess he does understand about Hexies. I really like your avatar photo. Wish I could see it up close and personal.
Your wish is my command

This was a block made for the Craftsy 2013 BOM, but I blinged it up a bit.... it's a mix of batiks and cottons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502623[/ATTACH]

Cheers, K
Attached Thumbnails blocks.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Personally, I'd invest in a Fiskars hexie punch. They come in a couple of sizes and I think it would be cheaper in the long run. I've seen them on Amazon.
I bought the Fiskars XL hexie punch. I would recommend it!

Last edited by misseva; 12-16-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2014, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Your wish is my command

This was a block made for the Craftsy 2013 BOM, but I blinged it up a bit.... it's a mix of batiks and cottons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502623[/ATTACH]

Cheers, K
WOW! I really like that! It's amazing what you can do with fabric and imagination.