Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: green necchi sewing machine

Hi,
    I've found one in an antique store. It's marked Italy, the motor says USA. It has shuttle bobbins, I believe that's what they are called. The case is brown and looks a little mildewy. It's marked $75.00. What do any of you vintage machine lovers think? What should I look for if I go back to visit it again? Is it worth this?
    I have two Featherweights already and just got the green light for a used HQ16 that might come on the market soon so I'm not sure if I will buy it but I am curious.
    Thanks in advance,
    lots2do
    PS My internet use is spotty at the moment. I will check back in when I am able to.

You need to ask Billy (Lost51) He has a Vintage machine site on here. He is an expert.

Thanks!

Necchi is like the Mercedes Benz of old sewing machines. I know that Billy loves them. I have one that I don't use very often now, but i had a 1970's era Necchi for 15 years and I loved it!

Thank you!

I bought a Necci from a garage sale for only 3.00, its probaly from the 70's though, but its the nicest machine! Oiled it up, and it runs so nice!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its one of my favorite machines!