Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Greist Rotary Buttonholer

I have a Greist Rotary Buttonholer copyright 1956. Just wondering what they're worth...or if anyone knows anything about them? Thanks for the help / info. Beckie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I can't help you, but I remember my mother using one simular to that one.

I have 1 myself that I had picked up at a yard sale a while back last year and paid .25 cents for it. I never used it, I just like to collect the old bits and pieces.

They are worth maybe 5.00. Since it is a Rotary it should work on a White Rotary, Kenmore's made by White, and possibly New Home machines - don't hold me to the last one. Those old button hole gizmo's make the best button holes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
    They are worth maybe 5.00. Since it is a Rotary it should work on a White Rotary, Kenmore's made by White, and possibly New Home machines - don't hold me to the last one. Those old button hole gizmo's make the best button holes.
    Yep, looks like the one I have with my mom's old kenmore. I agree that the button holes made with these attachments are the best ones I've ever made with a machine.

Griest made all sorts of machine attachments even for Singer before they branded their own. Your buttonholer works just like the Singer one and they are great because every buttonhole is uniform and identical. I use my ancient old buttonholer on my Janome 6500 because its buttonholer can't handle larger or thicker buttons. These old buttonholers will fit most short shank machines. My second hand store sells buttonholers for $5.00. They are common as most vintage machines seem to have one. If you want to FM quilt and your feed dogs won't drop you can use the buttonholer feed dog plate to cover them. Works like a charm.