Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grrr Tension issues and solution

Suddenly I had NO bobbin tension, retreaded the machine top and bottom, nope, ok, tightened the bobbin screw, nope, read the book, nope, throw the machine out the window nope, clean all the lint out of bobbin case, nope, well, in the bobbin case under the spring hidden from view was a small piece of thread, took forever to pick it out OK! well, nope, tension to tight, fiddle, fiddle ah now it works! What a bunch of malarky! But now it is working great.

I have a very old Bernina (model 817) and everytime I change the bobbin I have to check for thread in the spring section. The tiniest piece will cause the same problems you had. Sometimes I can not see it right away, but the stitching tells me to keep on looking, because it is there.

Maria

Thread bits can hide in the strangest places!! While my sewing room is fairly well lighted, I keep a flashlight close by to find those little devils...

URGH How annoying. I have a friend at our group who uses her hoover to clean out her bobbin case every time she sews.
    Is this women mad or what. :lol:

Tisha

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1962
    URGH How annoying. I have a friend at our group who uses her hoover to clean out her bobbin case every time she sews.
    Is this women mad or what. :lol:

Tisha
    Actually, a hand vac would do a good job of cleaning all the lint out. I may have to try that next time I am cussing out the bobbin.

The littlest things can cause problems with our wonderful sewing machines. So frustrating. Love the idea of a hand vac though.

I keep a can of air next to the machine for the same thing...

This tiny bit of thread was not something you could suck out or blow out I had to pick at it with the tip of a needle it was really wedged in tight under the spring, I had the darn thing all apart and wasn't sure I would get it to work right again, but I did.

you have to keep a second bobbin case (yeah, yeah!) for just those times.

when the first one hates you, use the second until you have a chance to work on the first one. at least you don't watse working time.

I am mechanically challenged and if I have a tension issue (not a headache, on my sewing machine), an automatic meltdown occurs. It is always my hope that DH or the "tension fairy" is available to fix everything immediately.

Regardless, I'm glad you solved your problem and understand your frustration!

Joan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast