Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Had this spiral bound for better use >

Had this spiral bound for better use

Had this spiral bound for better use

Old 10-27-2010, 02:59 AM

I have a crochet stitch dictionary that is falling apart. It's my favorite. I had not even thought of getting it bound like that! I have Office Depot gift cards and Staples rewards that will need to be used up (summer rebates) I am going to have to do that!

Thanks for the tip - it was a great idea. I haven't seen that block tool thingermabob before. I'll have to look in to it. :)
Old 10-27-2010, 03:25 AM

I have the same fan-out cards.
I never thought to have them spiral bound. Thanks for the idea.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:04 AM

Wonderful idea. I am going to Staples this week to get my favorites done up like this. Wonderful idea.....Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

i had my Carol Doak Paper piecing books re-bound, they were given 3 holes and placed in a binder, makes it easy to copy the paper piece patterns when needed. and it is very inexpensive to do! i have that same block tool, never thought about rebinding that one, but sure makes sense! thanks for the tip!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 AM

I'm in the process of having all my quilt books bound at Staples!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 AM

Spiral binding is great and surprisingly inexpensive....but ..... if you have all your books done, and put them in a bookshelf, how do you find the desired title? Is there an insert for the spiral, which would allow printing the name of the book, and the author? If not, someone should invent one!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM

Very smart!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gramalama9
Spiral binding is great and surprisingly inexpensive....but ..... if you have all your books done, and put them in a bookshelf, how do you find the desired title? Is there an insert for the spiral, which would allow printing the name of the book, and the author? If not, someone should invent one!

A lot of my books don't have the title showing anyway. I am going to google and see who does this around here!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM

I had my "Ultimate visual quilt Guide" punched for a 3 ring binder, a little more expensive to buy a large binder but this way if I find additional reference material I put it in the binder also, I keep a sheet in front with any add-ins listed.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 AM

When I was in high school we sold a cookbook for home ec (back in the olden days) as a fund raiser, and it was spiral bound so it lays flat on the counter. The fund raiser organizer challenged us to determine why it was spiral bound before telling us the reason, and someone suggested it was bound such so that the crumbs would fall out of the book!

What a great suggestion tho, thanks to all for the great hints, tips and other discoveries! That's what I love about quilters - they don't treat their short cuts as proprietary information, but are always willing to help others.