Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hallmark Christmas Channel >

Hallmark Christmas Channel

Hallmark Christmas Channel

Old 12-21-2013, 09:15 AM

It's on again today...12/21 at 1:00 CST.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:07 AM

Default Quilts from Movie, "Let It Snow"

This is way after the discussion, but I just watched the movie yesterday. Yes, I know, it's not Christmas :-) but I recorded several then had no time to watch until now. I fell in love with the 2 quilts, too. The one of the bed is definitely the one shown in the book. We have to use a PVR, also called a DVR now, so I had to rerun that section several times and got a good look at it. It's a lovely Log Cabin with appliques. The one on the wall behind the bed is simple enough. Each block has a center square. Two of the border strips have a square at each end and the other 2 are just plain strips. The blocks are arranged so that there is a square in the upper left cornef of the block and also in the lower right corner. The colours are alternated per block. In one the center and 2 small squares use a dark fabric and the rest are white. For the second block, those are reversed so the center square and 2 small squares are now in a light colour and the rest is dark. They are rotated to create a 4-patch where they join. This is a great quilt for scrap fabrics!
Old 04-04-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Quilts-for-Sale View Post
The one on the wall behind the bed is simple enough. Each block has a center square. Two of the border strips have a square at each end and the other 2 are just plain strips. The blocks are arranged so that there is a square in the upper left cornef of the block and also in the lower right corner. The colours are alternated per block. In one the center and 2 small squares use a dark fabric and the rest are white. For the second block, those are reversed so the center square and 2 small squares are now in a light colour and the rest is dark. They are rotated to create a 4-patch where they join. This is a great quilt for scrap fabrics!
I liked the quilt on the wall and was able to freeze the DVR and get a good look at it. I have found a free pattern which I am sure is it. It is called Boxing Day http://www.favequilts.com/Throws-and...rom-Martingale