Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancock's taking competitor's coupons >

Hancock's taking competitor's coupons

Hancock's taking competitor's coupons

Old 07-24-2011, 05:30 AM

If this has already been posted, I missed it. I was in Hancock's yesterday and on checkout, asked the usual, "are you a member, blah blah" question. I responded that until Hancock's came up with an easy to find, instantly printable coupon like Hobby Lobby, I wasn't interested in having my mail box crammed full of fliers nor having to sort through anything or carry a plastic thing on my keys.

The clerk then informed me that Hancock's is now taking competitor's coupons; JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc.

That's good news for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:48 AM

The one in South Bend, IN has for a little while now. I just prefer to go to Joanns most of the time.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 AM

I wish my town had more JoAnn's stores. There are 2 and both are light years away from my house and on horribly congested streets.

Hobby Lobby has a store on every street corner, it seems.

And with 2 of the HL stores I frequent, there are Hancock's stores quite close.

I have avoided Hancock's for a long time because of the inavailabilty of coupons. I'm sure they'll be seeing more of me now.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:08 AM

Well I wish I had known that I spent $116 this week at hancocks and had a joanns coupon. Joanns didnt have what I need so I had to go to hancocks....man!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 AM

Hancok's coupons are also available for printing on their website
Originally Posted by BigDog
If this has already been posted, I missed it. I was in Hancock's yesterday and on checkout, asked the usual, "are you a member, blah blah" question. I responded that until Hancock's came up with an easy to find, instantly printable coupon like Hobby Lobby, I wasn't interested in having my mail box crammed full of fliers nor having to sort through anything or carry a plastic thing on my keys.

The clerk then informed me that Hancock's is now taking competitor's coupons; JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc.

That's good news for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Last I asked, our Hancock's didn't take competitors coupons. Will try again.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Each Hancock Fabric management is different. Some don't want the extra hassle of the coupons so will have the line, our system isn't set up yet to take the coupons right now or something similar. Email Hancock Fabric with store location and ask if other coupons are accepted. I did and got an response that yes the store will take the coupons. Take that email with you. It's magical how their system will take the coupons then.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by BigDog
I wish my town had more JoAnn's stores. There are 2 and both are light years away from my house and on horribly congested streets.

Hobby Lobby has a store on every street corner, it seems.

And with 2 of the HL stores I frequent, there are Hancock's stores quite close.

I have avoided Hancock's for a long time because of the inavailabilty of coupons. I'm sure they'll be seeing more of me now.
It is funny that you say this because I'm just the opposite. I signed up years ago for both places and always get my coupons in the mail from Hancocks but not Joann's. I called last month and complained and Joann's said they'd put me back on the list and send me more coupons; I got one flyer and that was it. I was told by the store to just stop by each week and get the flyer; both of the Joann's are over 20 miles away so I don't go there every week; gas is too much
Old 07-24-2011, 06:37 AM

ALL Hancock's should take the competitors coupons. Just remember it has to be on something that store carries and Hancock;s carries. You can't use a framing couponn on fabric, for instance.