Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: Hand Quilting and the LQS

Blog Entries
    I have to say, I don't like Aunt Becky much at all. I can't get it to pick up the backing fabric.

However, I did find a store that sells hand-quilting supplies!

More good news: I showed a picture of a quilt I'm working on to the sewing machine place and he asked me if I'd be interested in holding a hand-quilting class!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR
    I have to say, I don't like Aunt Becky much at all. I can't get it to pick up the backing fabric.

However, I did find a store that sells hand-quilting supplies!

More good news: I showed a picture of a quilt I'm working on to the sewing machine place and he asked me if I'd be interested in holding a hand-quilting class!
    Good for you! I wish I had the chance to show people how to hand quilt. I also received the Aunt Becky in the mail last week. I tried wearing it and it keeps falling off. I haven't tried it for quilting yet, we will see how that works...good thing it was not expensive. :|

Blog Entries
    [quote=bizzyquilter]

Good for you! I wish I had the chance to show people how to hand quilt. I also received the Aunt Becky in the mail last week. I tried wearing it and it keeps falling off. I haven't tried it for quilting yet, we will see how that works...good thing it was not expensive. :|
    I didn't put it on like a thimble. I held it between my finger and thumb, but found that it worked better kind of on the side of my finger... kind of like this picture: http://www.learnguitarblog.com/image...tar-pick-2.jpg

[quote=AshleyR]
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzyquilter

I didn't put it on like a thimble. I held it between my finger and thumb, but found that it worked better kind of on the side of my finger... kind of like this picture: http://www.learnguitarblog.com/image...tar-pick-2.jpg
    Thanks for showing how to use it. I will give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzyquilter
    Thanks for showing how to use it. I will give it a try.
    I hope you have better luck than I did :)

Blog Entries
    I don't know what brought me back to this thread, but ironically, I don't do much hand-quilting these days (too hot!) but I still don't patronize those LQS, and I'm turning away from going to Joanns too. It left a sour taste in my mouth that's still here 6 months later!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15