Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Quilting Questions >

Hand Quilting Questions

Hand Quilting Questions

Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
Rhueluna, I LOVE your work! You put so much affection in it...hopefully you know what I want to say!
Thank you and I agree with you too. I just love hand quilting. To me, its the only way to go for a keeper quilt. If you want to make a blanket or faster gifts that get a lot of use, then machine quilting is a good idea. Know what I mean?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
Thank you and I agree with you too. I just love hand quilting. To me, its the only way to go for a keeper quilt. If you want to make a blanket or faster gifts that get a lot of use, then machine quilting is a good idea. Know what I mean?
Yes, I know and I agree. But I'm also full of respect for all the wonderful long arm and domestic machine quilters who do a wonderful job. I hope both can stay side by side eith an equal value.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
Originally Posted by rhueluna
Yes, I know and I agree. But I'm also full of respect for all the wonderful long arm and domestic machine quilters who do a wonderful job. I hope both can stay side by side eith an equal value.
I especially like when the machine quilters do all that artistic fancy fans and swirls. They are certainly good at it. Those kind with the real effort to make art are keepers too. Its just the big loopy thing just to get it overwith that I am not crazy about. And taking an antique top and finishing it off that way. I had some good example of the artistic people with those machines that blew me away. They are awesome.