Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: hand quilting stitches, etc. etc.

I love to hand quilt becasue it gives me a break from my machine and allows me to spend time with family but traditional style gives my wrist fits so I use a running backstitch. I have also combined hand and FMQ. I figure the quilt police have better things to look at and if I like it, who cares?

Banned
    Which preprinted wholecloth did you get and where did you get it. describe it to me and then I will be able to discuss the washability.

WOW your quilting is perfect! Did you use a template for that swirl and floral? I just stitch along seams, and am thinking about doing something circular like yours. NICE job.

I have often heard that starting out with hand quilting, try to make your stitches all the same size. Then slowly start coming down in size till you get just what you want. Takes practice and time, but it works

I have often heard that starting out with hand quilting, try to make your stitches all the same size. Then slowly start coming down in size till you get just what you want. Takes practice and time, but it works

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9