Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Handi Handles >

Handi Handles

Handi Handles

Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM

I know that Quilter's Handi-Handles is no longer in business. You can still buy the handles on ebay with any luck. I finally found a pair, the seller stated that the handles that she was selling fit and worked with a Janome. (Great for me I have a Janome 1600p with a 9" throat, which was one of the models that she stated would work with the handles). I bought the handles very excited for them to come in, when they did I sprinted into my sewing room machine with and quilt on the frame all ready to go. They didn't fit (I could have cried). I was wondering if anyone knows what model number the handles should be to work with a Janome. The model # that I recieved was a V2000. It works with my Viking, but the throat is small on that machine. If anyone can help please do so.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM

Viking Contact the seller and then ask for a refund. It was the sellers fault not yours! I would request a prepaid shipping label for you to return them. If you paid by paypal they will stand behind you. Or contact eBay if you don't get any stisfaction. You could try and resell them..but you shouldn't have to do that..good luck..Linda B.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:28 PM

I bought a controller for my Janome 1600P which velcros on the the handles. It definitely controls the machine just fine. I am having trouble big-time with thread breaking, but I don't think that has anything to do with the controller.

I think it came from Grace Frame, but when I can I will be glad to look it up if you are interested. I did also get a new carriage that has handles on front and back. Grace Co. didn't think this would work, but it seems to. All together I probably spent $150
Old 12-10-2011, 03:02 PM

Smile Handy handles for not to handy??

I am curious about the handihandles, I understand that they won't plug into
your machine. I have a question? I assume that the handles replace the foot control
of the machine. I wonder if a handy friend can take the foot control, cut the cord and wire it
to the handihandles. Then there is your power supply and speed control.

I have purchased a set for $20 and that is what I am going to do.
Let's hope my theory will work!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Sorry the handles did not work for you, but I would think the seller would understand and reimburse you....I am sure you guys could work something out.

I HAVE some Handi-Quilter handles (the kind you used on the original handi quilter...years ago). I used mine with a Juki 1500......if you do some research at your local sewing machine store and find out that they would work for you....I will sell them to you for a REALLY GOOD price

PM me if you are interested or have questions.....
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Default I am wondering if this worked? I am having the same dilemma! Thanks!

Originally Posted by lowjane View Post
I am curious about the handihandles, I understand that they won't plug into
your machine. I have a question? I assume that the handles replace the foot control
of the machine. I wonder if a handy friend can take the foot control, cut the cord and wire it
to the handihandles. Then there is your power supply and speed control.

I have purchased a set for $20 and that is what I am going to do.
Let's hope my theory will work!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM

I have the same dilemma lowjane. Did you try this and did it work?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:15 PM

I am sorry for such a late reply. My machine is older and doesn't have the speed control in the
body of the machine that the little adapter would plug into. I had purchased the handles on ebay
and we are snowbirds for the winter, so not at home
The machine that I want to adapt them to is at home.
In the meantime I have done my homework

Here is what DH will have to adapt when we are home:

We researched and found the drawing and wiring for the footpedal of my machine.
The foot pedal runs the stop and start of the machine- there is a relay of sorts in the pedal
DH is going to take the footpedal apart and wire the controls up to the handles.
Basically the footpedal is just an on and off switch and in theory should work.
We don't want to wreck the handles as I may have to switch machines at some time, he is hoping
just to put an adapter so that I can plug the handles in rather than cut and splice the wires on the handles
Although if we keep the end and he does decide to hardwire it in then we can reattach at a later date.

The key is to get a drawing of your foot pedal mechanism or just take it apart and peek and see
Glad I am married to McGiver!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:23 PM

I have a Handi Handles that I'm not using. They were set up for my Brother PQ1500s. I don't know if they will work on any other machines.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee View Post
I have a Handi Handles that I'm not using. They were set up for my Brother PQ1500s. I don't know if they will work on any other machines.
Sadly it doesn't seem so.............