Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight.  How did I do this? >

Harbor Freight. How did I do this?

Harbor Freight. How did I do this?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Ordered 10 pks of blades in early Sept. On back order, of course. "not expected until October" OK. In October got a card saying it would be November but only if I didn't want to cancel my order now. Replied that I would still wait. Was notified that it would be December. Oh, well - OK.

Yesterday got a letter to say that they could not process my order because my card wouldn't process and I would have to re-order! On the phone, they couldn't use a different card, no, I had to re-order!

What a ditz! Probably the only day that account was too low! Now where did I stash that blade sharpener?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Ordered 10 pks of blades in early Sept. On back order, of course. "not expected until October" OK. In October got a card saying it would be November but only if I didn't want to cancel my order now. Replied that I would still wait. Was notified that it would be December. Oh, well - OK.

Yesterday got a letter to say that they could not process my order because my card wouldn't process and I would have to re-order! On the phone, they couldn't use a different card, no, I had to re-order!

What a ditz! Probably the only day that account was too low! Now where did I stash that blade sharpener?
That's funny. I ordered the blades in Aug and called them the other day after having received notification that they were continually on back order. What they told ME was that because the item cost less the $10 per package, that they would not honor my order because it is too much for them to track for a small amount of money. I told them the total order came to plenty, but he said it went by item price. He told me they should be in right about now and that I would have to start over and re-order. What a poor policy/procedure!!! And he was rude to boot. If it weren't such a good deal, I would give up!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Have you tried getting Olfa blades through e-bay?

I've gotten some good deals that way.

And I've gotten them in a few days, too!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM

I get them through ebay as well. It's good to watch the prices for a few days so you know how much to bid. I bought in bulk last year and I have enough for a couple of years. I thought by buying a large number (30), I'd change my blade more often. But I still try to get every last cut out of them.. gesh...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Has anyone tried Home Depot or Lowes to see if they care the blades for about the same price? Curious minds just want to know.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie
Has anyone tried Home Depot or Lowes to see if they care the blades for about the same price? Curious minds just want to know.
Our HD and Lowes in San Jose, CA did not carry them. I just re-ordered, but from KVM Tools. With the poor customer service from Harbor, I opted to take my business elsewhere. And the packages of 2 are $1.69 each as opposed to Harbor which is $1.99 ea. However, I think KVM also has them backordered. Will be interesting to see who comes through first, since my Harbor Order still says processing despite saying they would not fill it. What bothers me is that Harbor should have said that up front about the $10 minimum per item and I would not have given them my credit card #. Now they have it on file for naught.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie
I haven't tried there but i did pick up a new blade at Walmart last week and Boy does it work great and it was only 2.97 :!:
Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I'll try elsewhere. Did get a good deal on E-Bay one time. What's weird about the HF letter was that it is not on a letter head and is obviously hand-typed!

Ah well, received confirmation that my "new" order was received and was on BACK-ORDER! Imagine that!

Gee, maybe one of us ought to find the Asian source and start a little home business!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM

I went by my local Harbor Freight last week for a tool box for my daughter, but thought I'd check on the blades while there. My store sells them 2 for $1.99. They had about 20 packages on the rack and I picked up 8 packages. When I got to the checkout, the clerk good-naturedly said, "You didn't clean us out of these did you?" I told her, "No, I left quite a few." She then said, "Those things sell so fast. As soon as we get a shipment in, they're all gone!" So, I asked her if she knew why they were so popular, to which she replied, "QUILTERS!!!" I just had to laugh.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM

I am expecting my order any time now. I ordered in late Aug. had gotten the cards saying on back order a couple times, but I recently got an email saying they were shipped. It's taking a while, I think they shipped via Japan and back to get them here LOL, but I'm ok with the blade I'm using for a little while longer.