Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table? >

Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
I just ordered the Sullivan cutting table on line from Joanns. It is alot like the one you are asking about only a few inches taller, I wanted as high a table I could get for cutting. It breaks my back leaning over to cut. I can't wait to get it!
I am tall and so a higher table sounds wonderful. I am on the Joanns website but they don't seem to have a Sullivan cutting table listed online. Do you have another name for it. I also looked under cutting table and they have all kinds of things listed, none of which resembles a cutting table.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 PM

I have had one for many years and really like it. You can open the whole table or put up one side without the other. It is wonderful for cutting and ironing if you have an ironing pad. Really doesn't take up much room and is therefore a help in our crowded households. All the best.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 PM

My husband got it for me a few years ago and I have used it a lot. Yes it can b used half at a time and there is a bin made to hold basic tools and scraps and such.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 PM

Yes, I got one last year when I bought my quilting sewing machine and I love it! You can fold it up and it doesn't take up much room at all, then expand it out when you need the cutting space.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM

I bought one several years ago - love it. Sides fold down so it doesn't take up much room when you are not using it - also sturdy with just one side up. Have also used it when quilting to help slide fabric. One of my better purchases.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:56 PM

I have the table also and love, love, love it. I have used it with just one side up with no problems. I have one cutting mat that I use when it is only half up and the big one when it is fully up. Just a hint, the large mat comes rolled up so it has a bad curve in it for awhile. I laid it upside down under a bed to get it straightened out. I also used a couple of those really large binder clips to hold the mat to the table. When it's not up for cuttings, I have a table cover over it and use it as a sofa table. One of best purchased I ever made.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 PM

I have one but not this style. Mine only has 1 leg to support the leaves of the table. I have had mine for about 3 years and have had to put metal brackets on all the leg corners and the top has come loose from the frame. I am waiting for my brother to build me one. I need one I can move around a lot and let up and down without it becoming the leaning tower of sewing room.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM

I have it and I love it. I use it for everything from cutting fabric to wrapping gifts. It can even be an extra table if you have stools. Folds down great, too.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:42 PM

I have this table and it's great. But....if your under 5'4" you might want to leave the caster off so it lowers the table a little. If possible, try actually cutting on it at the store.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM

I've had mine for several years & love it. I used a sharpie marker & measured out 1" lines along one side to use for measuring - works great.