Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bought fabric lots from ebay?

I have purchased the remnant box from Fabrics.com, and the quality, the lengths, and nice patterns made this an impressive deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SmickChick View Post
    I have purchased the remnant box from Fabrics.com, and the quality, the lengths, and nice patterns made this an impressive deal IMO.
    I had no idea they sold these... will have to check it out.

My experience with online purchases: some fabrics are great; others are awful! I have decided to only buy what I can touch beforehand. I don't like wasting money!

I have bought only larger lots because I had nothing except for the small amount we can buy over here. I then fill a box or suitcase with fabric to bring back to Poland with me. Usually as long as it was cotton, I was happy, since I really did want a stash to work from.

I've been pleased, generally. Just look carefully at the pictures and make sure that the feedback of the person shows that the person isn't misrepresenting things. Sometimes, if you are the risk taker type person, you can get a good deal from a new seller.

I've purchased a lot of fabric from e-bay sellers. MMorningdoves Nest just sent me 4 of the most gorgeous parrot panels!! Be sure to check the number of transactions they've had and comments. That is absolutely key to finding the good ones. I buy lots of "stash builder" lots of fat quarters on e-bay too & I get some really good deals, but you can also get taken, so beware.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I have purchased from a few sellers on ebay and been very happy. I do stick with the ones that specialize in fabrics though. I like Jordans, and Mo and Macks, and look for their items.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    I have bought some muslim from well know on line store and when I got it was so disappointed....so far that was the only bad experience I have had. I do try and buy from on line quilt shops - I love Bits and Pieces Quilt shop on line - located in New Hampshire - great prices and quality and I get the order in the mail in days not weeks.

I had been looking for fabric for an I Spy quilt and found it on EBay - most of it was expensive because it was rare (like Coca-Cola and Harry Potter). I had great results. One of the sellers is really good, BonEFul - she has a lot and ships fast. If she cannot ship immediately, due to a vacation or other reason, she does keep in touch with you, which is a novelty in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    As fabric is so expensive here I use eBay US a lot. Good sellers are;
    Jordans of Oregon
    Twin Orchard Textiles
    Phillyfabrics
    La Chakra

Another good one is Krista Quilts & Blockheadsquilting...

Susan
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-02-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: pm to member

I've bought fabric lots twice. The first time I was well satisfied. The second time, not so much. It was advertised as cotton remnants left over from her business making clothes for kids. When it arrived, if there had been a piece larger than a quarter, it would have been better suited for slipcovering a sofa. I'd rather touch the fabric!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast