Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone embroidered on satin ribbon?

Has anyone embroidered on satin ribbon?

I am looking for ideas for making ribbons for our guild quilt show next March. I just purchased an embroidery machine and had the idea of embroidering on satin ribbons for the show. Has anyone tried doing this and does it work? Any tips will help! Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Haven't done it on satin, but I have embroidered on ribbon. Hoop the stablizer, I used a medium weight tear away, then either use sticky spray or pins (pin holes may show on the satin, as will the hoop marks, check first). If planned carefully, you can embroider on several pieces of ribbon in the same hooping.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I've embroidered on grosgrain ribbon, but never on satin.

I have, but I have commercial machine. You can get several in one hoop. Put your stablizer down first then space your ribbon evenly mark you center on each ribbon and cover all of it with a piece of solvy.

I have embroidered names on the satin ribbon binding and small red work teddy bears. No heavy embroidery. I use a cut away stabilizer.

i used wash away on top +bottom hooped both this +ribbon then use the less dense writing it was ok

Blog Entries
    Ive emb on ribbon. I had at the timea prof. Machine, a tajima, used sticky back, the kind youd use for towels. Sticky back comes with directions. You hoop the sticky back in your hoop, tear away the protective coating andput ribbon on. Then just emb.good luck andshow us what you do.

Yes you can with a embroidery machine and work with ribbons. Search a beautiful design online. All the best.

Blog Entries
    embroidery library has tutorials on this http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elproje...log=Elprojects and floriani has a great workbook on stabilizers
    http://www.rnkdistributing.com/cid-3...-Products.html
    Judy